Wednesday, February 8, 2017

,

Why I Love Being A Wedding Planner!

People often ask me, “Why do you like being a wedding planner?” I wanted to tell them that I was inspired by the movie “The Wedding Planner” by Jennifer Lopez and hopefully, I’ll end up wearing a beautiful wedding gown walking down the aisle towards my groom who's as charming as Matthew McConaughey.

wedding gown rental

Okay, I am over imagining. Seriously, there are many reasons why I love my career as a wedding planner. Yes, it’s never an easy job. You should be passionate at what you are doing and you must be willing to sacrifice making long term personal plans.

I can’t remember how many vacations I have cancelled or postponed due to emergency meet-ups with clients. After years of being a wedding planner, negotiating prices have become a specialty of mine. In other words, I have mastered the art of deals. But the question remains, why I love my job? I’ll share three reasons that make this career truly rewarding.

Reason #1: Witness Different Love Stories

So I am a hopeless romantic individual. I love reading romance books that feature cute love stories and end up in a wedding. Being a wedding planner, I am not just limited to stories on books. I actually talk to real couples who are in love - just like in books. And the best part is that I am part of their story - the ending part, though.

a pair of golden wedding rig

With so many clients I have handled over the years, I get to witness several love stories came to a happy ending wherein couples exchanged vows and wore their wedding rings, at the same time see the couples as they start a new milestone in their life. And it’s not only a client to planner relationship, as the days pass working with the couples, some of them even became my friends who eventually shared their stories, e.g. how they met, how the guy proposed, etc.

In fact, I could write several books out of the love stories I have witnessed.
 

Reason #2: Passionate about Every Aspect of Wedding 

One quality of a good wedding planner is being passionate at every aspect of the wedding. So I love seeing wide varieties of flowers, I love listening to music, I like cute items that make perfect wedding favors, I have an eye for stunning wedding bands and of course I love food tasting. I am also interested in wedding photography.

top wedding photography

All these interests are critical qualities of a wedding planner. If you lack any of these, you will never become a successful wedding planner. If a planner isn’t genuinely excited about a particular aspect of the wedding planning, the client will notice it immediately. As a result, the wedding planning might end up less satisfying or worse, the client will back out from your service.

But hey, I have all these qualities so I’m sure my clients were all happy with my service.

Reason #3:  Excellent Attention to Detail 

And finally, the last reason why I love my job is the fact that I have a great attention to detail. It may not sound like a real reason but it’s a quality I am proud to have. Clients pay me for my eyes and ears, so I need to be able to spot problems before they will happen.

As I have said, it’s never an easy job to handle different vendors, manage a large group of wedding guests, maintain a timeline, and make sure that everything looks great at all times. Even the vase on the wedding banquet will bother me if it’s not properly positioned.

I am very particular even the smallest details to satisfy my clients. That’s me and I love my job!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment